Friday, November 11, 2011

Are These Losers Or Is It Just Me

Hi. I am Brianna, and this is my own little diatribe on my online dating experiences. A few years ago I was divorced, lonely and hot to trot (read really, really horny). My sister Darla suggested that I try Plentyoffish. I said what the hell is eating fish going to do to help my loneliness? She informed me that it was a dating site that I should try and maybe I could meet a nice guy to spend some time with. My first response was, “NO WAY” then I gave it some thought and decided to give it a try. BIG MISTAKE!

Well the name plentyoffish is certainly accurate. I met some barracudas and a few slimy eels, and even someone that I thought of as pond scum. Plenty of patience is what they should call it, because I ran out of it before I ever found anyone decent.

The first guy that I met in the chat room said tat he liked to walk on beaches (by the way, that is a pickup line on a dating site – guys do not really like to walk on beaches I have found) and he liked to spend time with his children. When I checked his profile, it turns out that he does not have any kids at all, he was just leading me on, so I moved on.

The next guy claimed to be 35 when I was chatting with him. There was no picture on his profile, but he seemed articulate enough. When I saw him in person, he was at least 15 years older than that. And I am being generous! He was dressed all in black. All he was missing was a guitar and he could have passed for an ugly Johnny Cash impersonator. And we all know how pock marked poor old Johnny was. Well I was stuck there with him and time kept dragging on. As soon as I could manage it without seeming rude, I grabbed the first transportation out of there!

The next one spoke in a semi-Ebonics patois, and that is weird considering that he was white and all. All he could talk about was having sex with me. I said that if he touched me I would yell at the top of my voice and call the cops! One more time I had to go on the lam! As soon as I could, I logged into plentyofmorons and blocked him.

I talked to Darla and told her that her wonderful dating site, plentyofduds, had not been so good for me in any way. She insisted I give it another go so I did, I started chatting with a guy who seemed to be very sensible, smart and funny so I agreed to go out with him.

We went to a club that I was familiar with. It was one that I occasionally frequented. As we were sitting down at a table, some people I was acquainted with came over to say hi. I invited them to sit with us. After all, they were friends, this was only a get acquainted date and I had no intention of finding myself between the sheets. Maybe it was intuition that had me invite them. I really do not know, but I did not think that there was any harm in it. My date took offense at this. He was very upset and asked me to ask them to leave. I disagreed since I had just said that they could sit with us. He made it known to me that he did not want my friends at the table with us. I disagreed and he started sulking of all things. I could not believe the way he was behaving like a child. In any event, this proved to me that he was not very suave, and it would very likely get in the way at some point. Later, my friends and I were kibitzing around cracking jokes. He honestly seemed not to be following them. He certainly was not laughing much, and when he did it looked forced. In any event, he proved to me that he was not the person that he pretended to be online. Funny how it is that you can pick up on things in person that evade you when chatting online. Needless to say, it was my last date with the bad humor guy!

After that, I just kept turning up one loser after another.  I may have been around the track a bit, but I keep myself physically healthy and trim with diet and strenuous exercise. I am also very truthful. I expect that any man I partner with to keep themselves actively healthy and not to lie to me. I was continually disappointed for a few more months. I just felt like I was wasting my time. Plentyoffish had turned into plentyofnothing for me. It got that I would start to hum that Gershwin tune every time I logged in to the site.

So I found myself alone quite a bit over several months. I felt that the dating site was just not working for me at all. Now don't get me wrong, I was getting action, just not like the kind of action I wanted. I was fishing for a nice big swordfish, and all I kept landing were squid, suckers, and other small bait fish. I told my sister “NO MORE” dating sites. I will take my chances at the local bars. I was tired of hanging out at good old plentyoftimewasted.

She told me that she had learned about another site that some of her friends swore by. They were very happy with their results to date. She asked me if I wanted the link. Well it was not as if I had anything better to do, so I simply said yes.

internet. It was really easy to use. I selected a couple of sites and joined. One I had to pay for, and the other I did not have to pay. Within hours I was getting results. I did find that there were a bunch of idiots on them as well, but not quite as many as I was used to tap dancing around. I am now dating a couple of guys, one from each site. They are both nice guys, they are not cheap, they do not do weird things, and I feel great being seen in public with them. What a difference. Finally, my life is going someplace good again!

I may have cottoned on to why plentyoffish was not as successful for me as the other sites. I believe that plentyoffish attracts more than his fair share of losers just because the site is totally free.. If they are not successful or too cheap to pay would you really want to spend the rest of your life with them? Unfortunately, free sites tend to attract exactly the types of people who either cannot afford to pay for better (because they are unsuccessful) or else they are too cheap to pay at all. This site that I went to actually has links to sites that are mostly paying sites. In a way, that is an automatic filter on them because unsuccessful people and cheap people tend to stay away from them. I also got a pleasant surprise on several of them when it turned out that women did not have to pay at all. Just the men. As an average female, I have been just as successful on both the paying and the non-paying sites.

So don't waste time with sites that have losers as their clientele. Go for the real gusto. This link can help you find what your looking for.

Top 100 Dating Sites

No comments:

Post a Comment